CHANNELLOCK Introduces New SpeedGrip Pliers
Channellock, Inc. is introducing four new products to help them do their jobs better: three new SpeedGrip Pliers and the CHANNELLOCK 968 Forged Wire Stripper.
Designed with professionals and do-it-yourselfers in mind, these pliers are made in the USA with pride by CHANNELLOCK® associates.
They are 100 percent Made in the USA with pride by CHANNELLOCK associates in Meadville, Pennsylvania.
SpeedGrip pliers in 8-inch, 10-inch, and 12-inch sizes have been added to the CHANNELLOCK family of more than 75 different sizes and types of pliers and hand tools.
This Tongue & Groove Pliers line is made from 100 percent forged high carbon US steel for maximum strength and is specially coated to prevent rust.
SpeedGrip also has the following features:
- A solid alloy steel fastener that is strong and dependable
- A fast and easy push-button adjustment that locks securely into undercut channels
- Strong, laser heat-treated crosshatch teeth, which grip 2.5 times better than classic CHANNELLOCK® 90-degree teeth
- A SAFE-T-STOP® feature that prevents finger pinch
- A reaming feature for easily deburring pipe
- CHANNELLOCK BLUE® molded non-slip comfort grips, designed for ultimate comfort and control to ease hand fatigue
“We designed our new line of SpeedGrip™ Pliers to give both pros and DIYers several quality options in their toolbox that add to their ability to get the job done right,” Channellock, Inc. Vice President of Sales and Marketing Ryan DeArment said.
CHANNELLOCK® is also pleased to introduce its new 968 Forged Wire Stripper, a tool that has been requested by customers.
The precision of needle nose pliers and the strength and durability of forged pliers are combined with the functionality of a wire stripper in the 968 Forged Wire Stripper.
This specialty tool:
- Strips 10–20 AWG solid and stranded wire
- Has screw shears that are precision-machined to prevent damage to threads when cutting 6–32 and 8–32 machine screws
- Has a curved shear that is uniquely shaped to contain material during handling
- Features CHANNELLOCK® XLT™ Xtreme Leverage Technology, requiring considerably less force to cut than traditional high leverage designs and reducing hand fatigue
- A reaming head to deburr, clean and flare up to 1-inch conduit with the versatility and strength of a forged reaming head with precision-machined grooves
- A spring-loaded handle for easy, one-handed operation
- A lock for safe storage
- CHANNELLOCK BLUE Comfort Grips
“The 968 stands out from other wire cutters as the ultimate multi-tasking tool,” DeArment elaborated.
“When you combine the tool’s XLTTM joint technology with its refined wire shear and channeled reaming nose, you’ve got a tool that not only cuts like butter but is incredibly durable.”