Owens Corning Introduces PINK Next Gen Fiberglas Insulation
Owens Corning, the firm that pioneered fiberglass insulation, has introduced its most recent innovation: PINK Next Gen Fiberglas insulation.
This improved insulation solution, which uses modern fiber technology, allows for up to 23% faster installation than our existing products.
PINK Next Gen Fiberglas’ innovative fiber technology develops a tightly woven network of soft, fine fibers to form a super-resilient blanket of insulating micro-pockets.
The new solution, which leverages many new technological advances, is safer for installers and residents, as well as faster to install than competitor insulation products and spray foam insulation.
Because no hazardous chemicals must be mixed on the installation site, there is less room for human mistake, providing installers and residents with greater peace of mind.
“Contractors today have high performance expectations and extremely tight timelines,” Joe Wagner, Insulation’s marketing director, stated.
“This product evolution is a significant step-change in meeting the needs of contractors, as well as installers, builders and homeowners.”
The product is intended to meet building requirements while also assisting professionals in managing tight labor timetables and budgets by lowering installation time.
PINK Next Gen Fiberglas insulation focuses on four key areas for problem solving:
- Offers 99%-safer fire performance and no chemical fire retardants added to fiberglass1
- Made with safe, proven ingredients
- No formaldehyde added
- No hazardous chemicals mixed on-site
- Made with advanced fiber technology for up to 23% faster installation compared to our existing products
- Enables insulation of up to 161 more homes per year2
- Exceptional product recovery and improved stiffness perfectly fills standard cavities and stays put
- Fewer clumps and chunks for fast, clean cutting and splitting
- Helps projects pass inspection with visibly superior texture and smooth uniform surface that inspectors desire
- Texture is soft as cotton
- Less dust for more comfortable installation and less cleanup
- Shed-resistant insulation stays on the batt, not on installers
- Improved indoor comfort and sound reduction for homeowners
- Made with 100% wind-powered electricity
- New industry standard for recycled content
- Saves 12 times the energy required to make it in the first year of use
- Underwriter Laboratories (UL) GREENGUARD certified for low Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs)
“PINK Next Gen insulation sets a new standard for insulation as the right choice for contractors, builders and homeowners,” Wagner added.
“This is just the beginning of a series of ongoing innovations in 2021 and beyond that will enable Owens Corning to continue exceeding customers’ high expectations.”
PINK Next Gen Fiberglas insulation is available in the United States and Canada.